Monday, November 29, 2010

My Home Office

It has been ages since my last post, but I will have a bunch of new ones over the next little while because I have been storing them all up. I have been insanely busy with work for over a month now. First I had a grant deadline, then a manuscript deadline, then a manuscript revision that took waaaaayyy too long, then a presentation, plus all of my teaching work. It has been crazy, but I am mostly enjoying it.

So, over the past 6 weeks or so, I have been spending excessive amounts of time working in my home office, and I realized that I still hadn't posted pics of it yet. So here they are:

First, we painted it a beautiful shade of purple:







Then D built me some bookshelves.






Then I painted them. I was so proud of myself for being so crafty. Usually I avoid this type of thing like the plague because it seems like too much work, and because I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination and everything I touch turns to crap. But! I painted the shelves and my office and LIKED IT. And both look totally fine.

Here is the finished version:



I absolutely love it. I can't believe I have never painted a room in my life. Every time I am in here it makes me so happy. I can't wait to paint the whole damn house!

4 comments:

  1. looks really good, that bookshelf is awesome, i wish D was here so i could pay him to make me one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I love the bookshelf. Your dad could make you one, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i can't see him making one, but i will probably buy something similar, but not as well built, from ikea

    ReplyDelete